Maternity Shoot with Jo

Monday, December 07, 2015 Unknown 1 Comments



Meet Jo, our soon to be Mom.

I have known Jo for over 15 years and she has always been a beautiful girl but had many insecurities with her body.  I think the most I would see her showing off would be her legs  during a hot day.   Skin tight dresses, crop tops? Forget it! 

I recalled sending her a few photos that I took of her last year and she replied back, “ OMG I used to be so pretty!”  Immediately sincerely responded , "Jo, you’re still pretty."  
She reminded me that she has always been insecure with her body and the fact that she has added an extra 30 pounds didn’t make her feel that way.  She wasn’t letting herself go, but her priorities changed.  She was doing what would be best for the baby ( new diet, no hair colour treatments etc )   Months later, she didn’t recognize the girl in the mirror. 

Although she was excited to add her new edition to her little family, she sure felt she didn’t “look” that way. I suggested we do a shoot just like the “old days” to see how she would feel and that the pictures would only be for her.   Surprisingly, she found more reasons to love her body and allowed me to share her photos!


I was able to capture some of these amazing moments with her during  her new journey.

On Jo's Face:
Foundation : Kat Von D and MAC Stduio Fix
Contour : PUR Minerals Duo Stick
Lips : PUR Minerals in Smooth Talker
Blush : Lise Watier
Brows : Annabelle Brow Duo Powder and High Lighter
Lashes :  Chellwelash

Hair:
Soft waves with a flat iron and Kenra finishing hairspray





#maternity #maternityshoot #pregnancy #pregnant #love




You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful May

So inspired by her being able to bare almost all and you for capturing the raw beauty.

You are truly amazing at what you do

:)

Just wanted to share

May Nguyen