NYFW 2012 Aveda Roughed up Pony Tail
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK SPRING|SUMMER 2013 - BEHNAZ SARAFPOUR
Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders styles a roughed-up, voluminous ponytail with an organic matte texture for the Behnaz Sarafpour Spring Summer 2013 Presentation.
“The style we’ve created for Behnaz’s show is a turn-of-the-century silhouette with very organic texture,” says Beenders. “The hair is youthful, decorated with bobby pins that are placed intentionally visibly – like jewelry for the hair.”1) Prep hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and blow dry with fingers, pulling hair straighter, but not flatter.
2) Using a comb, separate a small section at the hairline above the forehead and comb forward to create a fringe.
3) Gather hair at the crown and massage Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion in at the roots to create volume.
4) Backcomb hair at the crown in chunky sections to add rough texture at the root. Clip this section at the top of the head.
5) Pull hair at the back of the head into a low ponytail at the nape and tie with an elastic band, keeping the pony flat to the neck.
6) Release hair at the crown, bringing the top section down to the bottom ponytail. Secure the two together with an elastic.
7) Pull the front fringe section loosely behind the right ear. Wrap the end of the fringe around the base of the ponytail to hide the elastic and secure with a pin.
8) Pull fringe at the face to loosen slightly. Set with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
Q: What was your inspiration? How did you collaborate with the designer to create the hair style?
Antoinette Beenders: “We wanted a natural and clean look with a little romance to compliment the collection. The style is inspired by an 18th century pilgrim, but with a dramatic, roughed up texture.”
Q: What inspired your Spring/Summer 2013 Collection?
Behnaz Sarafpour: “The collection has an old-world feeling inspired by the Art Nouveau era at the turn of the 18th century.”