Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation & Remedy Concealer Pen

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 Unknown 1 Comments

Calling all make-up and fashion junkies!!! The much anticipated Marc Jacobs Beauty line finally made its debut nationwide exclusively at Sephora. What isn't the man behind the name good at!? With the success of a fashion empire and fragrance line it seemed only fitting to jump into beauty. As a fashion advocate I have been following Marc jacobs as a designer since he was appointed Louis Vuittons creative director back in 1997. I was young, but yup! My mother taught me well. The man delivered back then, and definitely delivered  with the new line which comprises of 124 pieces into 4 categories:

Smart Complexion – (foundations, concealers, powders & brushes)
  • Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation (16 shades)
  • Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation (10 shades)
  • Remedy Concealer Pen (7 shades)
  • Face I Liquid Foundation Brush
  • Face II Sculpting Foundation Brush
Blacquer – (eyeliners, lash lifters, gel crayons)
  • Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner (1 shade)
  • Lash Lifter Gel Volume Mascara (1 shade)
  • Highliner Gel Crayon (6 shades)
 Hi-Per Color -  (lipsticks, blushes, eye shadows, bronzers, nail polishes)
  • Style Eye-Con No. 3 and No. 7 Plush Shadow Eyeshadow Palettes (6 No.3 Three shade palettes & 4 No.7 Seven shade palettes)
  • Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl (12 shades in two opacities – Full and Sheer)
  • Lovemarc Lip Gel (16 shades)
  • Shameless Bold Blush (9 shades)
  • O!mega Bronze Perfect Tan (1 shade)
  • Enamored Hi-Shine Lacquer (24 shades)
  • Blush Brush
  • Bronze Brush
Boy Tested, Girl Approved – (unisex options of lip balm, brow gel, and concealers)
  • Lip Lock Moisture Balm (1 shade)
  • Brow Tamer Grooming Gel (1 shade)
  • Remedy Concealer Pen (from the Smart Complexion category)


Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation
Foundation is very important to create the perfect canvas for your makeup. I have been a long time wear-er and fan of make-up forevers HD foundation but for the summer found myself mixing it with my moisturizer so it isn't too heavy. Having finished my 8th bottle (is it weird that I know this?) I was in the mood to try something new and the ladies at Sephora were raving about how it was a gel foundation and how it was one of Marc's best product from the line. Not to mention I am a complete sucker for packaging!!!

For reference I am N123 in Make-up Forever HD foundation and "Golden Medium" was a perfect match for me. I have normal to oily skin. (oily being on my t-zone) . The texture of the foundation was extremely liquidly I expected it to be gel like because of the name. I found that a pump and a half was exactly enough for my whole entire face and it was very easy to blend in, light weight and left my skin with a very natural finish!  It is Medium coverage but very build-able. I think its safe to say that this is my new favourite!!!




It is said to be a buildable gel and features best-in-class gel performance with first-to-market buoyancy gel technology. This anti-aging foundation protects and hydrates skin with coconut water extracts. From natural-to-full coverage, your skin is awakened to its original translucence and clarity. See it as it was before too much sun, too many late nights, and prepare it for tomorrow as well. Best applied with The Face I liquid foundation brush.


First Impression Rating: 9.5/10
Contains: 30ML/ 1.0 Fl.Oz
Price: $58.00 CAD
Pros: Light weight natural finish with great coverage and wide color selection.
Cons: Will excentuate dry areas. I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin.



REMEDY CONCEALER - Concealer Pen

I Have been on a hunt for a good concealer for quite a while now. Unfortunately, I suffer from having dark circles under my eyes. This concealer is said to be an all-in-one eraser, brightener, and corrector to remedy the signs of aging, dehydration, and fatigue. Its formulated with advanced pigments, powerful antioxidants, and Remedy Complex™—a unique blend of hydrating and antiaging ingredients. The product comes in a sleek pen clicker similar to YSL touché Ã©clat pacaking, except instead of a brush it has a metal tip applicator which cools on contact to reduce puffiness. I was matched with the shade "Up All Night" I noticed the concelear to have great coverage but it did crease and sink into the find lines I have. 
Level indicator



First Impression Rating: 8/10
Contains: 2.5 ML/ 0.08 FL Oz.
Price: $47.00 CAD
Pros: Great coverage and wide color selection including 2 universal brightening shades.
Cons: You can't control how much product you want. Sometimes 1 click isn't enough and 2 clicks is just too much.


If you've tried anything from the line or want something else from the line reviewed comment below!

Visit Rags and Bellas for Amazing Beauty products at discounted prices!




You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Sun said...

Thanks for the review on the Genius Gel Foundation. I've been really tempted, but I have very oily skin and sometimes liquid foundations don't do very well on me (disappear with oil breakthrough or they turn orange due to oxidation). I should just get a sample and wear it a few times.

I did purchase the Gel Highliner in "Th(ink)" a deep purpley-blue with a slight shimmer. It glides on like my favorite Urban Decay 24/7 pencils but wears better than UD 24/7. No creasing or smearing on my oily, unprimed eyelids! LOVE IT!

Christine at Temptalia also mentioned the Remedy Concealer Pen settled into fine lines initially, but also said that after she blended out the settling into creases and fine lines that it stayed put and didn't budge again.

May Nguyen